Wednesday, August 3, 2011

A Visit to the Maine School of Masonry



This past May Tom and I drove to Maine to visit with my sister, Ginni, and her husband, David. On the day that I went on my "Progressive Loon Hunt" David introduced Tom to Steven Mitchel, owner and head dean of the Maine School of Masonry.  One, Steven says, of only two private post high school masonry schools in the country.



On our way out of town, driving to visit with Tom's cousin on the coast of Maine, we stopped by the school, in Avon.  I got to meet to Steve and take some photos of his student's recently completed  final exam projects.




















He gave us a tour and showed us the dorm rooms he had built into the school building.  He has beds for 8 students.  (Sorry, no photos of the dorms.)  The students can simply roll out of bed, drink their coffee and enter the class rooms without ever going outside!

"Mitch" as he is commonly called, is a great guy with a love of the craft and a love for teaching.  When he talks about his students you can see it.

If you'd like to know more abou the Maine School of Masonry just click on the link!







No comments:

LIFE IS JUST SO FULL OF COOL STUFF!

My photo
Manchester Township, New Jersey, United States
My nane is Judy and I've been a christian for more than 3/4 of my life. I believe in redemption through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, that God, the Spirit lives in me and gives me the power to do His will and to live a joyful life. I have a Godly husband, a grown son and daughter. I live on a farm with 3 goats, 2 chickens, 2 horses, a cat, a dog and a python. I am an artist and a singer. I was a full time stay at home mom, the hardest job you'll ever love! I have two handmade shops on Etsy. Leaning on the Promises www.leaningonthepromises.etsy.com (Hand Painted Walking Canes) and Beaver Creek Pottery www.beavercreekpottery.etsy.com and an Etsy shop for selling Vintage and Antiques. Jersey Pine Pickers www.jerseypinepickers.etsy.com I post about my relationship with God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, about the things He teaches me, delights me with and how He uses me.