Monday, May 16, 2011

Self Promotion" Getting Over the Icky Part



To those of you who are new to my blog, welcome!  I hope you like what you see.  
To those of you who are followers, I have a question.
OK, newbies can respond too.
Many of you know that I paint walking canes.  I LOVE doing it!  It’s been so very satisfying and I’m selling more and more of them now.
And, here it comes..... I’m really good at it!!  
I’m proud of my work and so, so happy when folks tell me how much they love them!
Once or twice I’ve gone out with my canes and walked around, the mall, the park, the craft show.  It always makes me feel just a little dishonest because I don’t need to use a cane.
But I want as many people to see them as possible.
Is this something I should get over?  It’s OK for me take my canes for walks, right?  Shouldn’t I take one everywhere I go?
I’d appreciate some feed back.  OK, what I really want is everyone to comment and tell me that there’s nothing wrong with strutting my stuff and I’m being too sensitive.
But if you disagree, then let me have that too!
 Thanx for your consideration!










7 comments:

Priti Lisa said...

Your canes should be seen! Be proud of your art and you never know when just the right person will see one ☺

artangel said...

Judy - there’s nothing wrong with strutting your stuff and you're being too sensitive! ;)

I think you could easily carry off one of your lovely canes as an accessory, you don't need to need one for walking!

If I could carry one of my paintings round with me I would - I'd probably get some funny looks doing that though!

Audrey said...

Strut Your Stuff!
People who make jewelry wear their own to get noticed - why shouldn't you go out with a cane?
makes sense to me :)

Shelinwa said...

strut your art!!! Nothing wrong with it At all.

Unknown said...

Your canes are wonderful - you are very talented! Self-promote like crazy!!

Karen Hriniak said...

I'm with the others, I see no problem with it either. It's not like you're pretending to be disabled and limping or whatever. They are beautiful and a wonderful piece of art! I'm with artangel..wish I could go around with bars of my soap...lol!!

Unknown said...

I ditto everything everyone has said. You might think of walking sticks too. Strut your stuff!

LIFE IS JUST SO FULL OF COOL STUFF!

My photo
Manchester Township, New Jersey, United States
My nane is Judy and I've been a christian for more than 3/4 of my life. I believe in redemption through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, that God, the Spirit lives in me and gives me the power to do His will and to live a joyful life. I have a Godly husband, a grown son and daughter. I live on a farm with 3 goats, 2 chickens, 2 horses, a cat, a dog and a python. I am an artist and a singer. I was a full time stay at home mom, the hardest job you'll ever love! I have two handmade shops on Etsy. Leaning on the Promises www.leaningonthepromises.etsy.com (Hand Painted Walking Canes) and Beaver Creek Pottery www.beavercreekpottery.etsy.com and an Etsy shop for selling Vintage and Antiques. Jersey Pine Pickers www.jerseypinepickers.etsy.com I post about my relationship with God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, about the things He teaches me, delights me with and how He uses me.