Thursday, June 2, 2011

Star Barn B & B, Madrid, ME; My first vacation blog post...

...and the first leg of my "whirlwind" weeklong vacation!



Madrid, Maine is waaaaay out in the western part of the great state of Maine.  Near to skiing, hiking,  antiquing,  but right smack dab in the middle of the most beautiful, peaceful and restorative place on earth!

This is the unlikely place that my New Jersey suburban bred and raised sister chose to call home and where she and her husband created a destination spot for those who crave natural beauty and a place to partake in all the wonders of an active outdoor life.
















For this where they bought an 1860 farmhouse with a big ol' barn and over 100 acres of woodlands, streams and ponds.  They renovated the farmhouse into a Victorian showplace, filled with antique treasures that were left by the previous owners.  The first time I visited and saw all the splendid furniture and curios I felt like she had certainly hit the jackpot!  The barn was turned into a five bedroom bed and breakfast, large enough for her to offer single rooms as well as use as a retreat center for folks who come together there for interests from  bible studies to quilting to yoga.



This is Ginni's yoga studio in the "barn"


This is my sister Ginni and her husband, David.

If you'd like more info on Star Barn Bed and Breakfast, Madrid, Me., then visit their website;


No comments:

LIFE IS JUST SO FULL OF COOL STUFF!

My photo
Manchester Township, New Jersey, United States
My nane is Judy and I've been a christian for more than 3/4 of my life. I believe in redemption through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, that God, the Spirit lives in me and gives me the power to do His will and to live a joyful life. I have a Godly husband, a grown son and daughter. I live on a farm with 3 goats, 2 chickens, 2 horses, a cat, a dog and a python. I am an artist and a singer. I was a full time stay at home mom, the hardest job you'll ever love! I have two handmade shops on Etsy. Leaning on the Promises www.leaningonthepromises.etsy.com (Hand Painted Walking Canes) and Beaver Creek Pottery www.beavercreekpottery.etsy.com and an Etsy shop for selling Vintage and Antiques. Jersey Pine Pickers www.jerseypinepickers.etsy.com I post about my relationship with God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, about the things He teaches me, delights me with and how He uses me.