Friday, October 24, 2008

Two peas in a pod



My niece had her twins last week. they were six weeks early. Each weighed three pounds losmething. they are expected to go home in a few weeks. One is Addison Virginia and the other Evelyn Cora. Pretty names!

I attended my niece's baby shower just the week before. My sister asked me to make them a growth chart that they could share. Of course, I said sure! The only stipulation was that it needed to have lady bugs on it. No Problem!


I got my canvas out and primed it and painted it sky blue. Then, up the center I painted a daisy chain, with the obligatory lady bugs. I placed the inch and yard marks up both sides of the chart, instead of just up the right side. And when I was finished, I realized that I couldn't give just one! So I started another one right away! It's the same sky blue but on this one I made a chain of tea roses with lady bugs. But, at the shower, I couldn't cajole the names out of her. So they stayed blank at the top of each.

Now, ny niece and nephew in law can put the names at the top. Addison Virginia, (my sister's name is Ginni.) and Evelyn Cora. ( Joe's mom is Cora). They are indeed pretty names.

No comments:

LIFE IS JUST SO FULL OF COOL STUFF!

My photo
Manchester Township, New Jersey, United States
My nane is Judy and I've been a christian for more than 3/4 of my life. I believe in redemption through the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and the indwelling of the Holy Spirit, that God, the Spirit lives in me and gives me the power to do His will and to live a joyful life. I have a Godly husband, a grown son and daughter. I live on a farm with 3 goats, 2 chickens, 2 horses, a cat, a dog and a python. I am an artist and a singer. I was a full time stay at home mom, the hardest job you'll ever love! I have two handmade shops on Etsy. Leaning on the Promises www.leaningonthepromises.etsy.com (Hand Painted Walking Canes) and Beaver Creek Pottery www.beavercreekpottery.etsy.com and an Etsy shop for selling Vintage and Antiques. Jersey Pine Pickers www.jerseypinepickers.etsy.com I post about my relationship with God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit, about the things He teaches me, delights me with and how He uses me.